Roofing Contractors In My Area
If your roof is older than 20 years, starting to sag or looks old and dated, chances are, you need a roof replacement. Considering we’re talking about the structure over your head, installing a new roof is not a project to push off. Delaying a roof replacement can cause issues to other areas of the home, including your gutters, siding, downspouts, insulation, drywall, attic and more!
Luckily, the roofing companies near you (below) are ready to replace your old, worn down roof. Compare reviews, portfolios, experience and more from the group of local roofing contractors. When you’re ready, ImproveNet can connect you with the top roofers near you.
How to Find the Best Roofing Services Near You
Despite the list of residential roofing companies below, you should also meet with at least three roofers in person before hiring any roofing contractor. Just like a job interview, you have to see if the roofer is the right fit. Some roof installers vastly increase their labor charge when working on sloped roofs, while others charge less. Some local roofers are not licensed, while other roofing companies are licensed. Some roofing companies only work with shingles, while other roof replacement companies only work on standing seam roofs.
Finally, all residential roofing companies near you must see the roof before they can offer a precise roof replacement quote. When your potential roof installer stops by, interview them, while keeping the following roofing points in mind:
- Roofers should have a license and insurance.
- Always ask for references from other homeowners near you. Make sure this roofer replaced their roofs; not just repaired it.
- Roofing companies with more experience under their belts are usually more expensive than inexperienced roofing installation contractors.
- Make sure they can keep the design of your existing roof.
- Make sure they have experience with your roof’s material. Some residential roofers do not work with metal roofs.
- Ask them about roof removal.
- The roofing company should be able to tell you exactly how long your roof replacement will take. In addition, make sure they address inclement weather and how it will affect the timeline.
- When all is said and done, they must provide a written or typed roofing replacement quote that includes everything.
- You can negotiate your roof replacement cost. Ask them if you can help with the project or buying materials.
- Discuss payment details. Some roof installers expect all money up front, while other local roofers request half up front and half at the end. Also, some roofing contractors accept credit cards.
Roofing Installation Costs
Unfortunately, if you require a new roof, you have to replace it. While your roof replacement cost will heavily depend on your chosen licensed roofer and city, it helps to know national costs. According to our roof installation cost guide, most homeowners pay between $5,500 and $7,400 to replace an existing roof.
Top Rated Professionals In Your Area
- Contractor services
90% of homeowners would recommend
"The company installed gutter guards on my house. They gave me a very..."Read More
- Contractor services
- 4 years in business
20% of homeowners would recommend
Other Top Pros Near You
- Above Ground Pool Installers Near Me
- Above Ground Pool Repair Near Me
- Air Condition Repair Near Me
- Air Conditioning Installation Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Installers Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Repair Near Me
- Appliance Installation Near Me
- Appliance Removal Near Me
- Appliance Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Near Me
- Asphalt Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Installers Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Repair Near Me
- Basement Finishing Near Me
- Bathroom Renovations Near Me